Cellular Respiration MIX
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Cellular Respiration
Slide 2 - Review:
- Metabolism involves converting food ENERGY
- In eukaryotic cells, most metabolism occurs in the mitochondria (“powerhouses” of the cell!)
- ATP is the ONLY useable form of energy by all cells on Earth!
- Energy from food ATP
- When we need energy, ATP ADP + P (CYCLE)
Slide 3 - CELLULAR RESPIRATION
- Cellular respiration is the process that living things use to convert glucose (a sugar) into useable energy: ATP!
Slide 4 - REACTANTS (things needed)
- Glucose (C6H12O6)…
- Comes from carbohydrates
- Oxygen (O2)…..
- Comes from the air (breathing)
Slide 5 - PRODUCTS (things made)
- used for energy!
- Carbon dioxide (CO2)…
- exhaled as waste
- Water (H2O)…
- exhaled or excreted as waste
Slide 6 - OVERALL EQUATION FOR CELLULAR RESPIRATION: