Email this Mix
Tags: Augmented Reality
Slide 1 - Augmented Reality
- Amazing Technology
Slide 2 - What is Augmented Reality?
- Augmented reality is technology mixed with reality.
- Acording to www.vrs.org.uk/augmented-reality/invention.html traces of augmented reality can be traced back as far as 1990, It was invented by Professor Tom Caudell as part as a neural systems project at Boeing. This project was put underway to find new ways to help the company's engineering process and involved the use of virtual reality.
- To this day augmented reality is used to help designers design buildings by shown them in a 3d virtual way, it also is used in books so that children and adults can interact and not just read.
- Augmented reality works when a scan code is programmed and activated to show a 3d model or video.
Slide 3 - Augmented Reality Apps
- Aurasma is a very good app, it can identify objects and show a 3d virtual animation. You can program the selected trigger item by taking a photo using aurasma, you then choose the animation that you wish to be shown on your trigger item. When scanning your trigger item (book or food packet maybe) your chosen animation will appear in a 3d virtual was as though it is really there! I know this because I have aurasma at home on my iPad, I believe it is a very good and clever app and my brothers find enjoyment in it as well.
- Table Zombies
- Mybrana, Augmented Reality
- Droid Shooting
Slide 4 - Augmented Reality used in Business
- CLICK THE VIDEO TO WATCH
Slide 5 - Augmented Reality used in Education
Slide 6 - AR Spot
- 1st Bug Fix
- 2nd Bug Fix
- 3rd Bug Fix
Slide 7 - Quiz
- Augmented reality can be used to help architects design building by showing a 3d virtual model.
Slide 8 - CORRECT!
- NEXT QUESTION
Slide 9 - SORRY!
- TRY AGAIN
Slide 10 - AR Quiz 2
- Augmented reality can not help in education as it is way to complicated for students to understand.
Slide 11 - CORRECT!
- NEXT SLIDE
Slide 12 - SORRY!
- TRY AGAIN
Slide 14 - THANKS FOR WATCHING!!