Cherie Fisher's Biography
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Cherie J. Fisher Biography
Slide 2 - Personal and Professional Background
- Live in San Antonio, Texas. Originally from Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Widow, two grown children, three grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
- I am a small business owner - Notary Public/Paralegal. I have been in business since 2003. Currently, semi-retired.
- Masters of Accountancy from the University of Phoenix in 2010. Bachelor from Louisiana State University in Shreveport - 2001 in Criminal Justice
- Book of Heroes, Candy Crush, Words with Friends.
- Dallas Cowboys, Miami Heat.
- 2005 - 2012
Slide 3 - Why Did You Choose to Pursue a Doctoral Degree?
- To complete the cycle and be the first in my family go all the way.
- My family make a joke and call me, “the Dr.,” now I will have the title.
- A promise.
- My Inspiration
Slide 4 - What Doctoral Program Did You Choose and why?
- My program is Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership with a Specialization in Curriculum and Instruction.
- • I chose this program because I oppose standardized testing.
- Standardized testing do not measure educational quality.
- I developed my own survey that I would give students at the beginning of the school’s year to determine a child’s likes and/or dislikes. I tailored my teachings to that effect.
Slide 5 - Why Here?
- I am at UOP by choice. This is a reality, yet like a dream. I am here to finish my education, a dream of a lifetime.
- What Do You Hope to Accomplish
- To become a more effective writer. To develop a testing program that will encompass all areas of education instead of specific areas.
Slide 6 - What Questions do You Have about Your Program?
- There are an infinite number of questions that I could ask, they will come in time. I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed by the newest of all of this.
- Questions, wow, I’ve a bucket load, I just don’t know where to start.