Canvas at Elanco prensentation
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Canvas at Elanco
- Tim Leister & Lotsie Wooten
- Elanco School District
Slide 2 - Anywhere-Anytime Learning at Elanco
- Currently in year three of a 1:1 student laptop program with 1500 middle and high school students at Garden Spot HS and MS.
- All students in grades 7-12 provided with Windows Lenovo x130-140 series laptops with case.
- ElancOnline Virtual Academy for approximately 50 students.
- Participating in the PA Hybrid Learning Institute at multiple grade levels.
Slide 3 - Anywhere Anytime Learning At Elanco
- 3 Aspects of Anywhere-Anytime Learning at Elanco
- A safe and secure device that meets all curriculum needs
- A robust learning management system
- Transformation of classroom instruction
Slide 4 - Why Canvas at Elanco?
- Decision was made to switch from Moodle to Canvas to serve multiple district needs:
- Compliment all face-to-face courses in a 1:1 teaching environment,
- Facilitate hybrid learning classrooms,
- Creation of district-owned, online courses to replace our virtual academy, ElancOnline, content providers,
- Mobile and user-friendly interface
- Integrations of LTI Apps – ex. Zaption
Slide 5 - Professional Development
- Trainings for all teachers focused on blended learning strategies with Canvas
- All on-going PD is complimented with Canvas
- Development of a standard course naming conventions along with a district course template
- Common unit assessments and standardized rubrics for student writings, online discussions, etc. are encouraged.
Slide 6 - The Future of Canvas at Elanco
- Moving forward….
- Continued development of digital courses in Canvas in many different subject areas
- Implementation of Spartan Digital Competencies for Teachers
- Parents encouraged to setup observer accounts to access courses.
- PowerSchool API for course creation, enrollments, and gradebook integration.
- Note: As of March 3rd, 1400 students and teachers accessed Canvas at Elanco in the last 7 days.