George Washington Mix(3)
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - George Washington
Slide 2 - CSO’s
- SS.4.H.CL2.3- summarize the roles of the principal American, British and European leaders involved in the conflict.
- SS.4.H.CL3.2- research the contributions of early American historic figures.
Slide 3 - Pretest on George Washington….
Slide 4 - Pretest continued…
Slide 5 - Last pretest question…..
Slide 6 - Review of Pretest
Slide 7 - Taking Notes
Slide 8 - Make sure to include these facts in your notes:
- His birth date and his death date
- What age did he marry and who did he marry?
- What made him a good leader in the continental army?
- What year did he begin his first term as president?
- What was so hard about Valley Forge?
- Who surrendered to Washington at Yorktown, and why did he surrender?
Slide 9 - Basic Facts about George Washington
- He was born on February 22, 1732 and died on December 14, 1799
- His first job was a surveyor.
- At the age of 42, he became the leader of the American Army against Britain.
- In 1789, he became the first president of the United States.
- Information from All About George Washington, by J. Enslin
Slide 12 - George Washington Activities
- Take your time and enjoy this page.
Slide 13 - Post Test
- Answer the next three questions, and you may use your notes.
Slide 17 - Let’s review the three post test questions?
- I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOYED THIS LESSON!
- George and Martha