Email this Mix
Slide 1 - St. John’s Episcopalian ChurchSack Lunch Program
- Adelina Clamser
Slide 2 - What is the Sack Lunch Program?
- Meals once a day for the hungry and homeless
- Nobody is turned away
Slide 3 - What do we do?
- Each lunch has a sandwich, fruit, and a water
- Coffee optional
- Inspirational card
Slide 4 - What about the people?
- Average: 25-30 people a day
- High: 60+
- Most come from downtown Fort Smith
- Lunches are to-go
- Sometimes there is conversation, sometimes not
Slide 6 - Learning and Experience
- Knowing you’ve touched people
- The great feeling of knowing you have helped
- Knowing that everyone is a normal person
Slide 7 - Growing as a NAC Christian
- Learning not to just pass people by
- Follow the example of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10: 30-37)
- Learning that everyone is your neighbor