Mount Rushmore PPT-MIX
Created 3 years ago
This an introductory lesson for a unit on Mount Rushmore. It is for a third grade classroom. The students will be provided with three different resources on this topic. At the end of the presentation, they will be able to test their knowledge.
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Mount Rushmore
- Source #1—Introduction for Grade 3
Slide 2 - NXG Standards
- This unit is cross curricular—social studies and reading/language arts:
- ELA.3.R.C1.4—ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of an informational text referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers (CCSS R1.3.1)
- ELA.3.W.C11.2—recall information from experiences or gather information from print and digital sources, take brief notes on sources and sort evidence into provided categories (CCSS.W.3.8)
Slide 3 - Lesson Objectives
- Students will be able recognize the historic monument known as Mount Rushmore.
- Students will be able to name and recognize the four presidents on the monument.
- Students will be able to take notes from teacher presentation on Mount Rushmore.
- Students will be able to accurately answer 5/5 quiz questions using their notes from the presentation.
Slide 4 - Mount Rushmore—Introduction Video
- Key Points from Video—
- 1. Where is the monument located?
- 2. Who created the monument?
- 3. Who is on the monument?
- 4. How long did it take to sculpt?
Slide 5 - Presidents of Mount Rushmore
- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Abraham Lincoln
Slide 6 - Mount Rushmore E-book
Slide 7 - Mount Rushmore E-Book
- Now, take this time to read through the e-book and take notes on Mount Rushmore!
Slide 8 - TRY TO GET 5/5 ON YOUR QUIZ…USE YOUR NOTES!
Slide 9 - QUESTION #1
Slide 10 - QUESTION #2
Slide 11 - QUESTION #3
Slide 12 - QUESTION #4
Slide 13 - QUESTION #5