Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Bullying
- 8th Grade Health
- Joshua Ashby
Slide 2 - Next generation cso’s
- discuss the use of technology and its positive and negative effects on health (e.g., video games, computers, cell phones, medical advances)
- describe how bullying can negatively affect one’s life (low esteem, antisocial behavior).
Slide 3 - What is bullying
- Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Bullying includes actions such as making threats, spreading rumors, attacking someone physically or verbally, and excluding someone from a group on purpose.
Slide 4 - Types of bullying
- 1. physical- This type of bullying is identified as being hit in any physical manner by the bully
- 2. verbal- this type of bullying is identified by the bully using verbal insults towards the victim.
- 3. social- this type of bullying occurs when the bully spreads lies or rumors about the victim.
- 4. Cyber- this type of bullying is identified by the bully insulting or humiliating the victim through use of the internet.
Slide 6 - How to prevent bullying
Slide 7 - Quiz
Slide 11 - references