Created 3 years ago
An 8th grade science project. From George McParland Elementary School.
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Substituted Hydrocarbons
- By Samantha Velasquez AKA Sam V.
Slide 13 - Now, let us review the topics!
- Hydrocarbons contain 1 oxygen and 1 hydrogen molecules.
- Hydrocarbons can form stable compounds with other bonds. Such as…
Slide 14 - We also know that…
- If one atom is substituted for a hydrogen, it’s called a...
- Substituted Hydrocarbon
Slide 15 - But last, but not least… Functional Groups:
- They are specific groups of atoms or bonds that are responsible for the characteristic chemical reactions of those molecules.
- They focus the attention on the important aspects of the structure of a molecule.
Slide 16 - I Hope You All Learn Something New!
Slide 17 - Substituted Hydrocarbons
- By: Samantha Velasquez
- Music: Tetris (Piano)
- Lavender Town (Piano)
- Art By: Me (Autodesk Sketchbook)
- Videos: The functional group concept explained (The Fuse School)
- Hydrocarbon Derivatives (CrashCourse)
Slide 18 - Thanks For Watching! –Sam Velasquez