Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Using Edmodo to Deliver Online Lessons and Create Community in an ESL Class
- By Steve Gwynne
Slide 6 - Students comment on using Edmodo
Slide 8 - Edmodo is widely used in education so it is tried and tested.
- Edmodo has a familiar look and displays in a hierarchical format as does Facebook.
- Setting up the class is easy; just give the students an invite code and sign up.
- It creates an instant community where students can connect with the class.
- Teachers can send notes, alerts, assignments and post important information in folders such as a syllabus, classroom rules, favorite links, etc..
- You can create quizzes and polls on Edmodo.
- You can also link to other sites or embed videos.
- Students can send a message to the teacher.
- Students can also access the Edmodo app on their smartphone or tablet.
- Students learn practical technology skills and learn how to write comments.
- Students upload written assignments, voice recordings, or video projects.
- The teacher can provide feedback, grades, and more.
- Edmodo facilitates having a paperless classroom or lab.
- Reasons to try out Edmodo
- Keep it simple to start and stay with it!