Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Dimensional Analysis
- By Sara Neal
Slide 2 - How many hours are in a month?
- Use these steps to figure out how many hours are in a month
- Step 1- figure out what unit you want to finish with, in this case it is hours
- Step 2- draw your table
- Step 3- put the first unit in the first top space and draw a vertical line directly after
- Step 4- use a unit that will help you get to the final unit make sure you make units cancel
- Step 5- solve
Slide 4 - Step 1- What unit do I need to end with?
- How many hours are in February?
Slide 5 - Step 2- draw a table
Slide 6 - Step 3&4- add in units making sure they cancel
- February 28 days 24 hours
- February 1 day
Slide 7 - Step 5-solve
- multiply the top numbers and divide by the bottom
- 28 x 24 hours= 672 hours
- 672 hours/ 1= 672 hours
Slide 8 - example video