June 4th Lesson
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Cardiorespiratory (Cardiovascular) Endurance
- Personal Fitness and Health
- Ms. Crawford
Slide 3 - What activities would be Considered Cardiorespiratory.
- Jumping Rope
- Ice Skating
Slide 4 - How to get the most out of it
- For an activity to really benefit your Cardiorespiratory health it must meet the following criteria:
- Put you into your target heart rate zone
- Must be in that zone for a minimum of 30 minutes
Slide 5 - Breaking Down Cardiorespiratory Exercise
- Muscles start to contract and relax. With this process comes a demand for _______________ to the muscles.
- Which will require your _____________ to inhale and exhale at a faster pace.
- Oxygen is transported to the muscles through ________________.
Slide 6 - Breaking Down Cardiorespiratory Exercise
- The demand for oxygen-rich blood to all muscles will increase. This will require the ___________________ to pump at a faster rate.
- The heart pumping at a faster rate through exercise will strengthen the heart muscle. This will result in a more efficient heart, meaning it will pump more blood with each beat.
- The ability of the heart to pump more blood with each beat will then lower a persons ____________ _____________ _____________.
Slide 7 - Breaking Down Cardiorespiratory Exercise
- A lower resting heart rate lowers a persons chances of developing heart disease(which kills 1 in 4 Americans every year) CDC, 2013
- In conclusion a physical fit persons heart pumps ____________ Blood with ______________ beats.
Slide 8 - What is Target Heart Rate?
- Recommended target range of beats per minute.. It is recommended that you exercise within your target heart rate for at least 30 minutes to get the best results from aerobic exercise. Over time this will strengthen your heart allowing it to pump blood more efficiently.
Slide 9 - Calculating Target Heart Rate
- (220‐age)‐RHR X .60 + RHR = Lower end of THR zone
- ( _______) ‐ _________ X . 60 + __________ = _____________ LOWER END
- (220‐age)‐RHR X .80 + RHR = Higher end of THR zone
- ( _______) ‐ _________ X . 80 + __________ = _____________ HIGHER END
- My target heart rate zone is between __________________ and _____________________.
- RHR = Resting Heart Rate. This is what you calculated on June 2nd.
- Please Calculate yours on your cardio notes and save that completed document in your health and skill-related folder.
Slide 11 - Body Composition Assessment
Slide 12 - How to Calculate BMI
Slide 13 - Assessments DUE
- Both your Cardio notes and your Body composition assessment are due by:
- JUNE 4th @ MIDNIGHT
- KEEP WORKING ON YOUR HEALTH AND SKILL-RELATED VIDEOS. DUE JUNE 5th BY MIDNIGHT.
Slide 14 - QUIZ
- Your first quiz will be open from 2:00 p.m. to Midnight tomorrow (June 5th)
- You can access the link to the quiz on the bottom of the week 1 page of the libguide. It is titled Health and Skill-related Quiz.
- Reminder NO NOTES ALLOWED DURING THE QUIZ.
- You need to know the definition and be able to identify an example of each health and skill-related fitness component.
- You must know the terms associated with flexibility.
- Understand what resting and target heart rate is and their importance and purpose. You WILL NOT NEED TO CALCULATE THR ON THE QUIZ.
Slide 15 - Questions?
- Please Email me with any questions or concerns you may have.
- HAVE A GREAT DAY!
- - Ms. Crawford