Vocabulary Lesson Part 4.
Created 2 years ago
This is Part 4 of 4 of the Vocabulary Lesson Series. The Vocabulary series teaches 5th grade Vocabulary (12 words) and their Part of speech, meaning and how to correctly use it in a sentence. There will be quizzes and polls on Parts 2, 3 and 4.
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Welcome Back!
- Final Tests!
Slide 2 - Test in Meaning
Slide 3 - Test in Meaning 2
Slide 4 - Test in Sentences
Slide 5 - Recap 1
- Elevation above Sea level
- Example: The plane dropped to an altitude of 20,000 feet.
- Highest point on a hill or mountain
- Example: The hiker was really tired after he reached the summit of mount Everest.
- Lacking in taste, boring
- Example: The games in that shop were just super bland.
Slide 6 - Recap 2
- Bad or evil person
- Example: “We have to beat the antagonist!”
- A claw of a predator (usually a bird)
- Example: The talon of that bird is so sharp and pointy.
- Partly hidden, Unclear
- Example: The landscape became hazy as time passed.
- Outdated, Unusable
- Example: The typewriter was made obsolete by factories.
Slide 7 - Recap 3
- Cancel, Put an end to
- Example: The government has fully abolished child labor.
- Scared, frightened, worry
- Example: The prisoner was very anxious in prison.
- To make an exact copy
- Example: I want to duplicate my paper.
- Extremely Cold
- Example: This place is absolutely frigid!
- Extremely large or great
- Example: That mountain is so immense!
Slide 8 - Final Thoughts
Slide 9 - Thank you and Goodbye!