15 SURVEY OF JAMESaudio
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - 2015 Spring Study
- “Preparing For The Future”
- Session 15: Survey of JAMES
Slide 4 - JAMES THE LORD’S BROTHERPILLAR IN THE CHURCH GALATIANS 2:9WRITTEN 62 A.D.NOTED AMONG THE LEADERS AT JERUSALEM Acts 15:13; 1 Cor 15:7; Gal 2:9)JAMES IS AN ESTABLISHED CHURCH LEADER
Slide 5 - The Plan. …(JAMES pdp) undertakes to deal with the needs of his fellow Christian believers in the Dispersion. After a brief greeting (James 1:1) he (1) exhorts his readers to take the proper attitude toward testings and trials (1:2-18); and
- (2) warns them to react properly toward the Word of God (1:19-27); (3) he rebukes a demonstration of carnal partiality (2:1-13);
- THE NEW UNGER'S BIBLE DICTIONARY
Slide 6 - (4) he expounds the uselessness of faith apart from works (2:14-26); (5) he speaks strongly against the sin of an uncontrolled tongue (3:1-12); (6) he expounds true and false wisdom (3:13-18); (7) he advises them against quarrelsomeness, worldiness, and pride (4:1-10); (8) he emphasizes brotherly consideration (4:11-12);
- (9) he criticizes the spirit of their business activity (4:13-5:6); (10) he calls them to patient endurance of life's misfortunes (5:7-12); (11) he shows them what to do when afflicted (5:13-18); and (12) he stresses the need for restoring a person who has gone astray (5:19-20).
Slide 7 - Survey of James
- James 1:1
- James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
- To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
- 62 A.D.
Slide 8 - Survey of James
- James 1:5-7
- If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
- 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
Slide 9 - Survey of James
- James 1:5-7
- For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
- 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Slide 10 - Survey of James
- James 1:16-18
- 16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
- 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
- 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
Slide 11 - Survey of James
- James 2:21-24
- 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
- 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
Slide 12 - Survey of James
- James 2:21-24
- 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."* And he was called the friend of God.
- 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
Slide 13 - Survey of James
- Gen 22:15-19
- 15 Then the Angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time out of heaven,
- 16 and said: "By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord , because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son —
Slide 14 - Survey of James
- Gen 22:15-19
- 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.
- 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, BECAUSE YOU HAVE OBEYED MY VOICE."
Slide 15 - Outline of Future 2014 Sessions
- JANUARY 2015
- 19 Orientation
- 26 Inspiration of Scripture
- 2 Genesis Though Deuteronomy 9 Joshua Through 2 Chronicles 16 The Prophets
- 23 The Old Testament Poetry
- NEW TESTAMENT SURVEY
- 2 The Synoptic Gospels
- 9 The Gospel of John
- 16 Acts
- 23 A Survey of Romans
- 30 A Survey of 1st and 2nd Corinthians
- 6 A Survey of Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians,
- 13 1st and 2nd Thessalonians, Philemon 20 1s and 2nd Timothy and Titus
- 27 James
- 4 Hebrews
- 11 1st and 2nd Peter, Jude
- 18 1st 2nd 3rd John
- 25 Revelation
- 1 The Life of Christ Part 1
- 8 The Life of Christ Part 2
- 15 The Life of Christ Part 3
- 22 The Teachings of Christ Part 1
- 29 The Teachings of Christ Part 2
Slide 16 - Outline of Future 2014 Sessions
- JULY 2015
- 6 The Gospel of Christ
- 13 Examples of Conversion
- 20 Process of Conversion Part 1
- 27 Process of Conversion Part 2
- 3 “I’m A New Man” (New Creature)
- 10 The Christ, The Cross, and The
- 17 The Establishment of The Church
- 24 The Identity of The Church
- 31 New Testament Worship
- 7 Authority, The Pattern, and
- Innovation (1)
- 14 Authority, The Pattern, and
- Innovation (2)
- 21 Authority, The Pattern, and
- Innovation (3)
- 28 Basis For Christian Unity
- 5 Fellowship
- 12 Spiritual Gifts and Miracles
- 19 Church Government
- 26 Church Discipline
- 2 Discipleship
- 9 Works of Flesh and Fruits of Spirit
- 16 Love & The Law of Love
- 23 CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY
- 30 The Christian Graces
- 7 The Devil and Temptation
- 14 The Holy Spirit