GSA at Ramsey
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - GSA at Ramsey
Slide 2 - What is GSA
- “A Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) is a student-run club, typically in a high school or middle school, which provides a safe place for students to meet, support each other, talk about issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity and expression, and work to end homophobia and transphobia.”
- ("Start a GSA | Gay-Straight Alliance Network." Start a GSA | Gay-Straight Alliance Network. Web. 28 Feb. 2015.)
Slide 3 - Why does Ramsey need this?
- LGBT- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender
Slide 4 - LGBT students in school
Slide 5 - Why?
- Why are LGBT students afraid to go to school? Why are they being harassed and antagonized? Why can’t they graduate high school? Why do so many of them feel like they need to end their life because of bullying? The answer is simple. Their straight counterparts are not educated on the subject.
Slide 6 - Education
- Many students don’t understand the actions of LGBT students. A GSA in our school would promote understanding and integration of our wonderful students.
Slide 7 - Who is it for?
- GSA is everyone! It is, in fact, an alliance.
Slide 8 - What could it do for Ramsey?
- When the students get along, there would be less bullying. When students feel safe at their school, they will have better attendance. This would produce a higher graduation rate and create a more promising future for our community.
Slide 9 - Citations
- "Start a GSA | Gay-Straight Alliance Network." Start a GSA | Gay- Straight Alliance Network. Web. 28 Feb. 2015. <http://www.gsanetwork.org/get-involved/start-gsa>.
- "Safe Space Statistics LGBT GLSEN 2011 CA Snapshot." YouTube. YouTube. Web. 28 Feb. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J3P84SOlww>.
- "LGBT Youth Statistics | End The Silence." YouTube. YouTube. Web. 28 Feb. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F996jI5xmiQ>.