Uploading Your Files To OneDrive
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Uploading Your Files To OneDrive
- And easily working with OneDrive files day-to-day
Slide 2 - Sign In
- In Internet Explorer
- login to https://portal.microsoftonline.com
- check the “Keep me signed in” box
Slide 3 - Open OneDrive
- Click launcher menu
- Select OneDrive
- You can work with files here
Slide 4 - Launch Explorer window (a.k.a. normal file folder window)
- Click gear icon for settings
- Select “show ribbon”
- Click “Library”
- Click “Open with Explorer”
Slide 5 - Upload your files
- Open a window the usual way to your Home folder
- Here, I dragged each window to a side of the screen so they would show side by side.
- Select all loose files together (click the first, hold shift, click the last) – not shown
- Drag these files to the OneDrive folder.
- Drag folders one at a time from Home to OneDrive.
- Be sure it says “copy to Documents” before dropping, or it will go into another folder.
- You can drag the next folder before the current one finishes copying.
- Wait It took over an hour for my files to all upload.