Irish potato famine _chinese version
Email this Mix
Slide 2 - Ireland’s Timeline
- 500 BCE :Celtic people invade Ireland.
- 1801: An Act of Union makes Ireland part of the United Kingdom
- 433: Patrick returns to Ireland to teach Catholicism
- 1171: King Henry II of England invades Ireland.
- 1847: The potato crops slightly recover but soon become worse.
- 1845: The potato blight established itself firmly in Ireland.
- 1852: The potato blight recovers fully and the famine is over.
Slide 3 - The Great Potato Famine of Ireland
- 1845 ~1852
Slide 4 - Potato Fungus
Slide 5 - Affects of the Famine
Slide 6 - Causes of the Famine
- Sir Charles Edward Trevelyan
- Fungus Phytophthora infestans
Slide 7 - Escaped
Slide 8 - A Memorable Memorial