Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Dimensional Analysis
- By Deven Long
Slide 2 - Dimensional Analysis-
- (also called Factor-Label Method or the Unit Factor Method) is a problem-solving method that uses the fact that any number or expression can be multiplied by one without changing its value. It is a useful technique.
Slide 4 - Steps to dimensional analysis.
- Figure out what you are converting. (Today it will be 2 years-> s
- Create a graph that has a line separating the top and bottom.
- We will begin with years so we want years to cancel out, and to do that we have to cross it off with another year factor.
- So now we have two years cancelled out with one year (Two years on top and one year on bottom). Then you ask, “What is equal to 1 year?” 365 days (365 days will go over 1 year on the graph).
- You continue with this process until you get to seconds.
- Once you get to seconds. You will multiply all of the top numbers on the graph and multiply it by the bottom.