Parent Academy-October 18 Organize Digital Data Module
Created 3 years ago
Tips on how to organize your student's digital resources.
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Helping Your Student OrganizeDigital Data
Slide 2 - Why Organize Digital Resources?
- Being able to store files, find links, and open resources will save your student time and reduce the amount of stress related finishing assignments.
- Organization is an important skill not only for school, but for everyday life.
- If files are disorganized or messy your student’s productivity be affected.
Slide 3 - Organization/Time Management Skills
- Maintain an online calendar
- Special Events
- Pacing guidelines (Break big projects into smaller chunks so that they can be completed before deadlines.)
Slide 4 - Edmodo Planner
- Students can maintain a digital calendar through Edmodo. The calendar can:
- Be color coded
- Track assignments
- Show reminders
Slide 5 - Google Drive Calendar
- Digital school students students can use their Google Calendar by selecting the Apps button and opening their calendar.
- Color code
- All students will have a Google account in 2015-2016!
Slide 6 - Organization/Time Management Skills
- Organize Digital Resources
- Label files/folders consistently
- Place resources where they belong - immediately after saving
- Use external storage and/or cloud storage
- Back up files and save, save and save again!
- Time spent now organizing resources is time gained when deadlines are looming ahead!
- Don’t be like this guy!
Slide 7 - Select your respond and click “submit”
Slide 8 - Create and Name Folders
- Right click on an open space
- Select “New”
- Select “Folder”
Slide 9 - Right click and “Name” the folder
- Save it where it can be easily found
- Drop/Drag resources into the desired file
- Repeat. . . Often
- Create and Name Folders
Slide 10 - Organization/Time Management Skills
- Save files often where they can be retrieved even if the device is lost or malfunctions.
Slide 11 - Please take a couple of minutes to complete this anonymous survey regarding your experience with training modules for the Digital Curriculum Pilot Program (DCPP).
Slide 12 - Helping Your Student OrganizeDigital Data