Try to Hit the Bulls-eye with
Email this Mix
Tags: Sheltered Instruction
Slide 1 - Try For the Bull’s-Eye With Targeted, Effective and Efficient Strategies!
- I will consider new knowledge for the benefit of true diversification in my classroom.
- I will incorporate new strategies and activities learned from this course and I will anticipate all student’s listening, speaking, reading and writing engagement will increase to 90%.
Slide 2 - Instructional models can often be broad and generalize concepts. With time as the “enemy” in our classrooms, how can we “hit the instructional bulls-eye” daily to make the most of our classroom time? How can we engage our students 90% of the time? One model can help with this dilemma by using it’s components and effective strategies and activities.
Slide 3 - The SIOP Model…Why use it?
- It’s RESEARCH based and validated through multiple studies
- It improves academic English in all content areas with all students
- It’s wide-spread and exists in many variations/cross curriculum
- It includes specific lesson planning and delivery suggestions
- It includes such strategies as;
- * cooperative learning
- * targeted vocabulary development
- * speech appropriate for ALL students
- * visuals, demonstrations and hands-on-learning
- * supplementary materials
- MUCH MORE
- Watch the video on “Why Use SIOP”!
Slide 5 - Let’s look at 5 components of the SIOP Model and activities to support these components. This will help hit the instruction bulls-eye with your students.
- Building Background
- Comprehensible Input
- Review and Assessment
- Aim to score big by using Targeted, Efficient and Effective Teaching Strategies for any student and any content area.