Certification - ISO 9001
Email this Mix
Tags: Software Engineering
Slide 1 - Certification: ISO 9001
- Emerson Murphy-Hill
Slide 2 - What is ISO and ISO 9001?
- "ISO", the abbreviation for the "International Organization for Standardization"
- The ISO is a worldwide federation of ~150 national standards bodies
- Strives to promote the growth of manufacturing, trade and communication through the development of generic quality standards
- ISO 9001 is the most widely recognized ISO standard
- ISO 9001 defines the minimum elements an organization needs to implement in order to establish an effective Quality Management System
Slide 3 - Principles Behind ISO 9001
- Measures degree to which an organization “Says what they do, and does what they say”
- Examines ability to closely follow documented process
- Does not necessarily imply those processes are any good!
Slide 4 - ISO 9001 is not just for software companies!