Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Augmented reality
- Nic Williams
Slide 2 - What is Augmented Reality?
- Augmented reality is a computer based program
- Augmented reality allows you to put pictures into your videos
- Augmented reality is made with a camera on a device you own
- Augmented reality is an app that you can use for designing things
- The concept of augmented reality is so you can design things better
- Who invented augmented reality and when and how is it used now?
- Augmented reality was invented in 1989 by Tom Caudell
- Augmented reality is now used by people to help design their house or help to make things
- In the notes section, add a script for your Voiceover based on the dot points
- You will record yourself explaining AR using the Slide Recording (<90 seconds)
Slide 3 - Augmented reality apps
- Aurasma is the world's leading augmented reality platform available as a free app for iPhones, iPads and high-powered Android devices or as a kernel for developers, Aurasma uses advanced image and pattern recognition to blend the real-world with rich interactive content such as videos and animations called “Auras”.
Slide 4 - Augmented Reality used in Business
- Pepsi has used augmented reality in their company and has encouraged people to buy their drinks. They have done this by placing an AR camera on a bus stop and amazed customers.
Slide 5 - AR used in education
- Homework Mini-Lessons: When students scan a page of their homework, the page reveals a video of their teacher helping them solve a problem.
- •Faculty Photo Wall: Set up a display of faculty photos near the school entrance. Visitors can scan the image of any instructor and see that figure come to life, telling more about him- or herself.
- •Book Reviews: Students record themselves giving a brief review of a novel that they just finished, and then attach that "aura" (assigned digital information) to a book. Afterward, anyone can scan the cover of the book and instantly access the review.
- Aurasma, allows users to engage in and create Augmented Reality experiences of their own. Educators and (more importantly) students can use this open source tool to essentially bring their learning to life.
Slide 6 - AR quiz 1
- AR stands for,
- A) Assistant referee
- B) Augmented reality
Slide 7 - INCORRECT
- Try again
Slide 8 - CORRECT
Slide 9 - AR quiz 2
- Who invented Augmented reality?
- A) Neil Armstrong
- B) Tom Caudell
Slide 10 - INCORRECT
- Try again Continue
Slide 11 - CORRECT