Registering the PL121-beta
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Registering the PL121
- Cat ETCable pn 245-7310 Serial – usb Adapter PN 370 8095
- !! Comm adapter 3 is not needed !!
Slide 2 - Registering the PL121
- Assemble cable – connect to laptop
- CHANGE PREFERENCES IN Cat et
- Connect to machine
- Clear message cache
- Register product link module
- Start engine and check status screen
Slide 3 - Connect the USB-Serial Adapter cable to the 245-7310 cable
- 370 8095
Slide 4 - Attach Cable to a USB port on Laptop
Slide 5 - Configure ET – Under the ‘Utilities’ menu, select ‘Preferences’, then‘Modify’. On the Communications tab, use the drop down box to select ‘Caterpillar Embedded Communication Adapter’
Slide 6 - Refer to SIS schematic for location of PL121 service plug. On dozers it is usually in the side compartment with the battery. Connect the cable to the service plug and turn the battery switch and ignition switch to on, do not start the engine yet.
- The plug normally has a gray cover and is zip tied tightly to adjacent harness, you may need to cut the tie in order to unfasten the cover
- On some BHL the plug has been routed at the factory incorrectly. It may be under the floor board.
Slide 7 - Make a connection to the PL121with Cat ET, you can click on the connect icon or tap the F8 key. If you can’t connect, it may be necessary to change the Comm Port selection in Preferences.
- In some instances the Baud Rate setting may need to adjusted in order to make a good connection. This is found under the Advance section of the Communications tab
Slide 8 - Check the message queue first, clear any messages.
Slide 9 - Under the ‘Service’ menu, choose the bottom command ‘Register Product Link’
- Machine Make and Serial Number should fill automatically. Our dealer number is B190. Confirmation should always be sent to: email@example.com
- Since the PL121 doesn’t communicate on the Cat Data Link, the synchronize ECM clock feature is not available.
- Be sure to finish by clicking the register button on bottom left screen
Slide 10 - Check the Status of the registration message
Slide 11 - Check the Registration status
- Take the machine outside and park it with a clear view of the horizon. Run it for approx. ten minutes to engage Power Mode 1. Turn the machine off but leave the battery disconnect on for 24 hours, or until the status screen indicates that it is registered
Slide 12 - Restore settings for Comm Adapter 3