Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Math Question
- Bauyrzhan Kikanov
Slide 2 - Question:
- Some family friends have asked you to plan a rafting expedition. A rafting company has agreed to take your group down the Babbling River.
- The rafting company has given you specific details on how much weight a raft can hold.
- A raft can safely carry the weight of 24 babies.
- As everyone knows, the weight of 12 babies is exactly equal to the weight of 4 teenagers; the weight of 6 teenagers is exactly equal to the weight of 3 adults. Figure out the least number of rafts that is needed for a trip with 11 adults, 5 teenagers, and 21 babies. (Supervision of the babies is not necessary.)
Slide 3 - x24
- A raft can safely carry the weight of 24 Babies
Slide 4 - The weight of 12 babies is equal to 4 teenagers
- 12 x
- X 4
- 6 x
- X 3
Slide 7 - 5 Rafts
- So in total we need 5 rafts to carry 11 adults, 5 teenagers and 21 babies.