Why Use LanSchool
Created 3 years ago
LanSchool supports the monitoring of desired effect of instructional strategies.
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - LanSchool: Classroom Management
- What is LanSchool?
- A tool to monitor individual student digital devices, deliver instruction, conduct assessments and provide feedback.
- It can be used in the digital classroom and the computer lab.
- Reduces the temptation of and limit unwanted student access to the Internet, email, games, etc.
- Works with PCs, Chromebooks, Macs,
- Limited use with iPads, and Android.
Slide 3 - Why use LanSchool?
- Involving Routine Events
- DQ 1: What will I do to establish and communicate learning goals, track student progress and celebrate success?
- DQ 6: What will I do to establish or maintain classroom rules and procedures?
Slide 4 - Why use LanSchool?
- Addressing Content
- DQ 2: What will I do the help students effectively interact with new knowledge?
- DQ 3: What will I do to help students practice and deepen their understanding of new knowledge?
- DQ 4: What will I do to help students generate and test hypotheses about new knowledge?
Slide 5 - Why use LanSchool?
- Enacted on the Spot
- DQ 5: What will I do to engage students?
- DQ 7: What will I do to recognize and acknowledge adherence and lack of adherence to classroom rules and procedures?
- DQ 9: What will I do to communicate high expectations for all students?
- Planning and Preparing
Slide 6 - LanSchool helps to:
- Allow the teacher to show their screen and audio to the students.
- Remove distractions such as the Internet, applications, email, etc.
- Monitor student work through real-time thumbnails.
- Get students’ attention by blanking out their screens.
- Assist students collaborating and reflecting on learning through remote control and chat.
- Assess student understanding in real-time.
- Efficiently distribute links and play video files.
- Conduct assessments.