June 9th Lesson
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Non-Communicable Disease Continued
- Heart disease
Slide 2 - WHAT IS HEART DISEASE??
- Heart disease describes a range of conditions that affect your heart. Diseases under the heart disease umbrella include blood vessel diseases, such as coronary artery disease; heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias); and heart defects you're born with (congenital heart defects), among others.
- The term "heart disease" is often used interchangeably with the term "cardiovascular disease." Cardiovascular disease generally refers to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack, chest pain (angina) or stroke. Other heart conditions, such as those that affect your heart's muscle, valves or rhythm, also are considered forms of heart disease.
- Many forms of heart disease can be prevented or treated with healthy lifestyle choices
Slide 3 - Heart Disease Facts and Statistics
- About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths
Slide 4 - LETS LEARN A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THE HEART AND HOW TO KEEP IT HEALTHY
- You will click the link in the June 9th resource and assessment box titled “Interactive Heart Activity”
- You will then open up the document titled “Heart Activity Assessment”
- You must work yourself through the ENITRE interactive heart activity and complete the assessment. Once it is completed thoroughly and accurately you must upload to OneDrive by Midnight June 10th.
Slide 5 - Interactive Heart Activity
Slide 6 - Interactive Heart Assessment
Slide 7 - Submit Completed Interactive Heart Assessment In your Non-communicable disease folder by June 10th @ Noon
- Please Email me if you have any questions. = )