June 8th Lesson
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Non-Communicable Diseases Continued
Slide 2 - Diabetes Statistics in the United States
- Prevalence: In 2012, 29.1 million Americans, or 9.3% of the population, had diabetes.
- Undiagnosed: Of the 29.1 million, 21.0 million were diagnosed, and 8.1 million were undiagnosed.
- Deaths: Diabetes remains the 7th leading cause of death in the United States.
Slide 3 - Getting to Know more about diabetes
- Diabetes is a serious condition that can lead to death
- We can do things throughout our life to reduce the risk of developing diabetes
Slide 4 - It is time to research!!!!
- You will be researching diabetes and creating an informational brochure to education the public on both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
Slide 5 - Directions and Guidelines
Slide 6 - Criteria that must be included
Slide 7 - Grading Rubric
Slide 9 - Example Template
Slide 10 - Citations
- Be sure to include the URL for Mayo Clinic on the back Panel.
- Be sure to include the URL for any pictures or images you use on the back panel.
Slide 11 - Submitting
- BE SURE TO LOOK OVER THE GRADING RUBRIC CLOSELY PRIOR TO SUBMISSION TO ENSURE YOU HAVE INCLUDED ALL THE REQUIRED CRITERIA.
- DUE BY JUNE 9th @ Noon.