Close Reading Lesson Part 2
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - First Read: key ideas and details
- Reading Purpose: read to find out what spelunking is
- What does someone do and see when they spelunk?
Slide 3 - Second Read: craft and structure
- Reading Purpose: How did the author organize this text? How do you know?
- Let’s find evidence from the text.
Slide 5 - Third Read: integrate knowledge and ideas
- Reading Purpose: Find evidence in the text that shows the author thinks spelunking is exciting.
- Close reading is a thoughtful and deep analysis of a text
- I should always be annotating the text when reading
- When I’m reading something closely, I’m rereading the text on purpose
- Each time I read the text, I have a different purpose for my reading.
Slide 8 - Define close reading
- Read and reread a text with a specific purpose
- Cite evidence from a text to answer questions and support your thinking
- Review Objectives:Can You Do It?
Slide 9 - Dig Deeper
- Choose one of your favorite songs and closely read the lyrics several times, discovering deeper meaning and understanding of what the musician is saying.