Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Shakespearean Drama
- By Emily Gutierrez
Slide 2 - Do you like a good story?
Slide 3 - William Shakespeare
- Lived in England during the Renaissance.
- (Renaissance was a time for renewed interest in science, commerce, philosophy, and art.)
- Summarize human emotions in a cool way :D
Slide 4 - Theater in Shakespeare's Day
- London theaters attracted audiences rich and poor.
- Shakespeare appealed to audience members of all classes
- Poetic speeches, exciting action, fast-paced humor and wise observations on human behavior.
- theaters had no curtains, artificial lighting, and little scenery.
- Instead, props, sound effects, and sometimes lines of dialog let the audience know where a scene took place.
- Costumes helped audience believe that women were playing female roles
- it was considered improper for women to be on stage.
- …..JULET WAS A DUDE
Slide 5 - Citations