Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Cybergogy
- Learning in virtual worlds
Slide 2 - What is cybergogy?
- Cybergogy is the theory and practice of teaching in virtual worlds.
Slide 3 - Cybergogy
- There are 3 important features of virtual worlds:
- very different and can influence some aspects of cognition
Slide 4 - Value of Cybergogy
- To establish how the environment facilitates learning through approaches such as:
- > Enriching & enhance conventional strategies
- rote and repetition
- role play
Slide 5 - Cybergogy = New aspects to teaching approaches
- Exploring novel environment
- Building in 3D
- Enacting scenes through simulations
- Role experimentation
- Changing personal appearance
Slide 6 - Cognitive aspects of Cybergogy
- can be represented through the conventional models of learning such as Bloom, Bandura’s Social learning theory and Skinner’s behaviorism.