Computational Thinking Skills
Created 2 years ago
Decomposition and Pattern Recognition
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Computational Thinking Skills
- Decomposition and Pattern Recognition
Slide 2 - Decomposition
- Decomposition means breaking a very large task down into smaller, easier pieces.
Slide 3 - Real world example of decomposition
- Planning a birthday party
Slide 4 - Scratch example of decomposition
Slide 5 - Pattern Recognition
- Patterns are bits of code that are similar or repeat.
- Finding patterns can help you find shortcuts or simpler ways to code to the same results
Slide 6 - Real world example of pattern recognition
- Daily snacks
- Every day before dance practice, Jayme stops by the store and buys a bag of pretzels. She is late to practice about once a week and her teacher is frustrated with her.
- Jayme’s mom points out that she can go to the store once per week, and buy 5 bags of pretzels, this will save her time
Slide 7 - Scratch example of pattern recognition
- Repeating code placed into a forever loop