Benefits of Physical Activity
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Benefits of Physical Activity
- HE.HS. 6.03 - Implement strategies and monitor progress in achieving a personal health goal
- HE.HS.7.02 Recognize and demonstrate the positive effects of nutrition and physical activity on health.
Slide 2 - New Vocabulary
- Physical Activity
- Physical Fitness
Slide 3 - Physical Activity and Your Health
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY- Any form of movement that causes your body to use energy.
- Physical Activity includes all kinds of activities that you do every day
Slide 4 - Physical Fitness
- Physical Fitness- The ability to carry out daily tasks easily and have enough reserve energy to respond to unexpected demands.
- Being Active on a regular basis improves your physical fitness.
Slide 5 - Two types of Physical Fitness
- Motor skill-related fitness components deal more with those skills necessary for participation in athletics, like power, speed, agility, balance, and coordination.
- Health related fitness components- attributes that affect a person's overall health on a daily basis. Muscular strength, Muscular endurance, Flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance.
Slide 6 - Physical Benefits
Slide 7 - Physical Benefits
- Strengthens your muscles and bones
- Boosts your energy level
- Improves posture
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
- Reduces your risk of many serious diseases
Slide 8 - Physical Benefits
- Cardiovascular system- Regular physical activity strengthens heart muscles so that it can pump blood more efficiently. This reduces blood pressure
- Respiratory system- As the level of activity increases, your lungs begin to work more efficiently. This pulls in larger amounts of oxygen delivered to your body, as a result you can do more activities more easily.
- Musculoskeletal System- Physical activity strengthens muscles and bones reducing your risk of developing fragile bones as you age. It also can help your balance and coordination
Slide 9 - Mental and Emotional Balance
- Mental And Emotional Benefits
- Mood Enhancement
- Better Sleep
- Improved Self- Esteem
- Stress Relief
Slide 10 - Risks of Being Inactive
- Being sedentary puts you at risk for a variety of health problems
- Sedentary- Involving little physical activity.
Slide 11 - Health Problems of being Sedentary
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Unhealthful weight gain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Certain types of cancer
Slide 12 - Making Time for Physical Activity
- Instead of this.. Try This…
- Taking the elevator Take the stairs
- Using a snow blower Shovel Snow
- Automatic Car wash Wash by Hand
- Playing video games Run, Play a sport
Slide 13 - Reviewing Facts
Slide 14 - Reviewing Facts
Slide 15 - Reviewing Facts