The Seven Signs of Jesus Coming - Part 3b Who is the faithful and wise servant
By Ricky Morris
Created 3 years ago
This is the 3rd part of the series "The Seven Signs of Jesus Coming
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - The Seven Signs of Jesus Coming
- Part 3c – Who can find a “Faithful and Wise” Servant
- Power Point Presentation by
- Pastor Ricky Ricardo Morris
- Upon This Rock Ministry
- This Presentation Includes;
- The Beast from the Earth
- The Rise of Protestantism
Slide 2 - Upon This Rock Ministry
- A Place Where the
- church of god assembles
Slide 3 - Upon This Rock Ministry
- I will build my church
- Pastor & Teacher Ricky Ricardo Morris
Slide 4 - The 3nd Sign --- Matthew 24:43-44The Goodman of the House
Slide 5 - The Rise of the False Prophet – Revelation 13:11-18
- Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. 14 And he deceives those[e] who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[f] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
- 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666
Slide 6 - The Beast from the Earth
- Here we see where the devil sends up another agent in beast form in opposition to the truth that was coming forth at this time by Luther and other Reformers, By taking on a beast like spirit it helped to bring about division among Christian people of the fifteenth century.
- Rev. 13:11 says, “And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon. This beast was Christian like, because I it had two horns like a lamb, but on the other hand, it was that same old Pagan Dragon spirit of unbelief, because it spoke like a dragon. The two horns also denoted civil power and authority. One horn was Germany and the other horn was England, the first two nations to stand against Rome and for Protestantism.
- Rev. 13:13, says “And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.”
- In Revelation 13:14,
- 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Slide 9 - Rev. 13:15, tells us that “And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.”
- The bible says in Revelation 13:16, “And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a make in the right hand, or in their foreheads. Some may say what is the mark of the beast. First of all a mark is what denotes a particular thing. Many things in life have marks to distinguish their brand or goods, even humans have what we call birth marks or identifying marks. Spiritually speaking the mark of the beast is; A Beast Name, A Beast Doctrine, and A Beast Spirit.
Slide 11 - What does numbers 666 mean?
Slide 12 - Numbers and Scriptures
- The Number 1
- Is always the number of God (Duet 6:1-4)
- The Number 2
- Is the number of Witnesses (Matthew 18:16)
- The Number 3
- The Godhead, Is the number of the Trinity
- The Triune God- Father, son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Number 4
- Is the number of the Earth?
Slide 13 - Numbers and Scriptures continued
- The Number 4 is thought to represent Gods absolute control over the world.
- 4 Directions on the earth (north, south, east, and west).
- 4 Seasons (summer, autumn, winter, and spring).
- The Number 5
- Is the number of separation and Responsibility like 10 Virgins, where 5 was wise and 5 were foolish.
- The Number 6
- Is the number of Man
- Man was created on the 6th day of creation.
- The number 6 is thought to represent man's weakness and inability to achieve perfection and sinlessness. Because of sin man must work for 6 days to remember his sin. 6 can also be seen as the number of evil and its full development. Rebellion will run its full course with the man of sin and the number of his name, 666.
Slide 14 - The Mark of the Beast
- Rev. 13:17 says, “And that no might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. You cannot receive their right hand of fellowship unless you receive their teaching in your knowledge (forehead), or where there sect name.
- Rev. 13:18, tells us that, Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number are 666. The lettering on the Pope’s crown VICARIUS FILLI DEI in Roman calculation add up to the number 666.
- The Marks of the Beast
- What are the marks of the Beast?
- A Beast Name
- Sectarian names and creeds
- A Beast Doctrine
- False teachings of sects and denominations, such as; False Holiness, Rapture, the 1000 year reign, etc.
- A Beast spirit
- The characteristics and manner of the beast (the likeness of the beast)
Slide 15 - Beast names
Slide 16 - Denominational Facts/Sectism IllustratedHistory Timeline of World Religions and its Founders
- 590 AD.-Roman Catholicism- Developed after Constantine; Pope Gregory?
- 610 AD.- Islam- Mohammed
- 1515 AD.- Protestantism- (Reformers) Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin
- 1700 AD.- Freemasony- Albert Mackey, Albert Pike
- 1784 AD.- Shakers - Mother Ann Lee
- 1830 AD.- Mormonism – Joseph Smith
- 1830 AD.-Cambellites-Alexander & Thomas Cambell, Barton Stone
- 1838 AD.-Tenrikyo- Miki Maegawa Nakayama
- 1844 AD.-Christadelphians- John Thomas
- 1840-45 AD.-Millerites 2nd day Adventists –William Miller then became 7th Day Adventists
- 1845-1870AD.- 7th Day Adventists-E.G. White
- 1848 AD.-Spiritualism - Kate and Margaret Fox
- 1870 AD.-Jehovah's Witnesses- Charles Taze Russell
- 1879 AD.-Christian Science-Mary Baker Eddy
- 1889-1924 AD.-Unity School of Christianity- Myrtle Fillmore
- 1906 AD. -The Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
- 1914 AD.- Iglesia ni Cristo- Felix Manalo
- 1914 AD.- Oneness Pentecostalism- Frank Ewart, G.T.Haywood, Glenn Cook
- 1917 AD.-True Jesus Church. Founders Paul Wei, Lingsheng Chang and Barnabas Chang
- 1934 AD.-World Wide Church of God- Herbert W. Armstrong
- 1945 AD. -The Way -Victor P.Wierwille
- 1945 AD.-United Pentecostal International- Howard Goss, W.T. Witherspoon (can be traced back to 1914)
- 1955 AD.- Scientology- L. Ron Hubbard
- 1958 AD. -Henry Kinley begins (IDMR) the Institute of Divine Metaphysical Research
- 1959 AD.-Unitariarian Universalist
- 1979 AD.-Church of Christ International - Kip McKean
Slide 17 - Beast Doctrines
- They deny the Trinity for (Jesus Only)
- They deny the Reality of Jesus Christ
- They Deny the Inspiration of the Holy Spirit
- The Rebel against the authority of the Holy Scriptures
- They substitute the New Birth for Church joining
- They reject the life of Holiness for Worldliness
- The deny the experience of sanctification
- They Practice not the Unity of Spirit and Faith
- They reject the biblical standard of "One Church"
- The lackadaisical practice of the New Testament Ordinances
- they substitute Baptism (Immersion) for Sprinkling.
- They leave off the practice of feet washing
- they exercise a mystical practice of the Lord's Supper
- They are not ready for the Lord's Second Coming. they have substituted for false teachings and false hopes.
- They no longer preach eternal life and eternal death (Hell and the Lake of Fire)
Slide 18 - The Image to the Beast
- In a few years a dividing and competitive bitter spirit began to spring up among the reformers. There is nothing than can kill a work of God, like when people who say they are saved, get bitter and get in fights with one another. As God began to give light to different men, some people refuse to walk in that like given, other than the light from their favorite reformer. They would only accept that light which came through their reformer. Luther got some light, Calvin got some light and Zwingli got some light.
- Some people had the spirit, I’ll take what Luther said, but I’m not interested in what Calvin said, ‘not considering what was bible”, but what did Luther say. And this cause a party spirit. Like the Church at Corinth. 1 Cor. 1:9-17
Slide 19 - The Spirit of the Beast
Slide 20 - The Age of Sects and Denominations
Slide 21 - Here are questions to ask Protestants;
- Are you making an image to the Beast?
- Why do you build buildings of grandeur for worship?
- Why is the Ministry set up like an hierarchy, such as; Bishop, Pastor, Assistant Pastor, Lay Ministers, etc.?
- Why do you also have Throne seats?
- Why is there a separate and distinction between the clergy and the laity?
- Why do your parishers recognize the building as the church?
- Why do you open the doors to the church?
- The following charts show the denominations that broke from the Roman Catholic church during the Reformation.
- Due to space limitations, these charts and tables show only a few major groups and offshoots.
- In AD 1054, a break occurred between the Roman Catholic church and the Orthodox church. This break is known as the Great Schism.
Slide 23 - The Age of Sects and Denominations
Slide 24 - Earliest COG Doctrines Realized
- Bible as only rule of faith
- Adult Baptism as confession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Communion as symbol of faith
- Autonomous congregations
- Schleitheim Articles - 1527
Slide 25 - The Church in America
- 1776 – 1886 The Church is Renewed in USA
- The great revivalists and writers
- Charles Finney
- C. H. Spurgeon
- Billy Sunday
- William Carey begins modern missions
- Ministers move west away from the control of denomination hierarchy
- Preachers of the Gospel have freedom to start their own churches
Slide 26 - Sanctification as a second work of grace begins as a doctrine of the church in America. 1860s
Slide 27 - The Church of God Reformation Movement
- 1880 - 1930
Slide 29 - Your Response
Slide 30 - Upon This Rock Ministry
- A place where the
- church of god assembles
Slide 31 - Church of God
- Assembles at
- 201 Providence Road
- Chesapeake, Virginia 23325
- (757) 390-0561
- Sunday School 9:45 amSunday Morning Worship 11:00 amSunday Evening Worship 6:00 pmTuesday Evening Prayer Service 6:00 pmTuesday (Midweek Service) 7:00 pmFriday Night Bible Class 7:00 pmSaturday Food Bank Service 10:00 am
Slide 32 - Upon This Rock MinistryWebcast
Slide 34 - Upon This Rock MinistryWebsite
Slide 36 - Upon This Rock MinistryBlog
Slide 38 - Upon This Rock MinistryBookstore
Slide 40 - Upon This Rock MinistryAuthor: Brother Ricky Ricardo MorrisEmail Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.uponthisrockministry.org/
- Blog: https://www.uponthisrockministry.org/blog
- The Book Store: https://shop.uponthisrockministry.org
- Social Media Information
- Facebook Revelation Study Group
- Facebook Contact
- Church of God of Chesapeake Virginia on Facebook
- Facebook Contact