Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Edmodo
- Nicole Lewis
- Matthew Surdel
Slide 2 - Creating a Teacher Account
- Step One: Go to www.Edmodo.com from your favorite internet browser.
- Step Two: Locate section on the right half of the screen that says “get secure teacher account”.
- Step Three: Enter email address and choose your password.
- Step Four: Click “Sign up for free”.
Slide 3 - Creating a Teacher Account
- Step Five: Set your school
- Step Six: Add your information
- Full name
- Grade you teach
- Subject Area
- Upload Photo
- Step Seven: Click “set up classroom”
Slide 4 - Creating an Account Video Walkthrough
Slide 5 - The Teacher’s Edmodo Homepage
- List of teacher’s classes
- Store content for class
- Post Notes, Alerts, Assignments, Quizzes, Polls, and Snapshots
- Planner and Calendar
- Connect with other teachers
Slide 6 - Homepage Video
Slide 7 - Creating Groups
- Click on the “+”
- Teachers can create different groups for their classes, clubs, subject areas, etc.
- This allows the teacher to place the desired students into the desired groups.
- Press “Create”.
Slide 8 - Creating Groups
- Fill out the required information for your desired group.
- Group Name
- Grade Range
- Subject Area
- Press “Create”
Slide 9 - Creating Groups
- Select the ranges of expected students.
- Make a description for the class.
- Click Finish.
Slide 10 - Engaging Students
- Notes- Notes can help posted with additions of links and files to start a new conversation.
- Polls- Can be sent out to the class to quickly gather information.
- Alerts- Send Reminders to class quickly.
Slide 11 - Creating a Poll Video Walkthrough
Slide 12 - Supplement Instructions
- Assignments- Assign assignments with due dates that students can do at home and upload to Edmodo.
- Quizzes- Assign quizzes with due dates for students to do at home.
Slide 13 - Creating a Quiz Video Walkthrough
Slide 14 - Teacher Tools
- Planner- Electronic planner to help you keep track of important dates and lesson plans.
- Library- Store unlimited files, pictures, and links that students can access.
- Community- Search for lesson plans, talk to other teachers, collaborate.
Slide 15 - Digital Citizenship
- Edmodo can help students become good digital citizens.
- Edmodo can allow the students to practice in a safe social networking environment.
Slide 16 - Online Privacy
- Teachers can allow students to practice online privacy techniques.
- Creating/Maintaining secure passwords.
- Making sure to log off when done.
- Not sharing personal information.
Slide 17 - Online Safety
- Students can learn what they should and should not post onto the internet.
- Students will be able to learn how to handle negative situations in a safe environment.
Slide 18 - Edmodo Assists Safety
- Edmodo is a closed environment.
- No private information required from students.
- Students can only join through an invitations by the teacher.
- All communication is archived for everyone’s safety.
- The teacher has full control.
Slide 19 - Online Etiquette
- Students can receive firsthand experience interacting with others in a safe online environment.
- Students can learn appropriate ways of “talking” via online communication
- OMG, TTYL, TL:DR, etc.
- Students can learn that even online they should treat others the way they would like to be treated.
Slide 20 - Question 1
Slide 21 - Question 2
Slide 22 - Question 3
Slide 23 - Question 4