Concussions by Jessica
By Mark Dunkel
Created 3 years ago
Concussions are a serious matter. Whether you are a coach, a parent, or an athlete its important to know the basic facts. Come join our 10 year old 1st time Office Mixer as she teaches us about this topic!
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - by
Slide 2 - What is a concussion?
- “A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury that is caused by a blow to the head or body, a fall, or another injury that jars or shakes the brain inside the skull. Although there may be cuts or bruises on the head or face, there may be no other visible signs of a brain injury.”
Slide 3 - What are some ways you could get a concussion?
- Playground Injuries
Slide 4 - What are some symptoms?
- Balance Problems or Dizziness
- Double Vision
- Sensitivity to Light and Noise
- Feeling Sluggish
- Feeling Foggy or Groggy
- Concentration or Memory Problems
- If you think you’ve had a
- Don’t hide it.
- Report it.
- Take time to recover
Slide 5 - Who is responsible for keeping athletes safe?
Slide 8 - Thank You!