Email this Mix
Slide 1 - My MIE Expert Journey
- Julie Cooper
- Teacher of O365 and Numeracy
- Sandymoor School
Slide 2 - Hello and Welcome….
- This is me…
- An Ordinary Person…..
- Achieving Extraordinary things…..
- @SandymoorSchool, I teach Office 365 skills and Numeracy skills to our F1(yr7) and F2(yr8) classes…..
- My passion…. To help young people be the best they can by passing on vital life skills that I have discovered along my life journey….
- This is Sandymoor School…
Slide 3 - November 8th – received an email from Andy to say I am on the team and to submit a learning activity on to the Educators Network.
- And so the journey begins….
- November 20th – My first experience of the Connection call, how wonderful to share Microsoft experiences globally….
Slide 4 - The launch event….
- Getting to know all the 2015 MIE’s….. Exciting announcements…..
- Microsoft HQ. London, December 5th
- Exciting announcements….
- Steve Beswick announces
- That we are all to receive a gift
- From Microsoft, a fantastic
- Surface Pro3 device.
Slide 5 - A special arrival…..
- I love my Surface Pro3…… My ipad is now redundant…..
Slide 6 - My Surface Pro3…..
- I use my Surface everyday in school and at home
- It is such a versatile device, it is light and very portable but has all the power and more features
- Of my standard Laptop and Tablet all rolled into one device.
- It has the added feature of Inking, this is very useful to Teachers when demonstrating in class
- Or marking work.
- At Sandymoor we are now able to connect our Surface to the projectors and use them wireless through
- The Microsoft wireless HDMI Adapter, so that we are able to move around the class and interact with the
- Students whilst teaching.
Slide 7 - Office 365….
- At Sandymoor Office 365 is at heart of everything we do.
- Students and Staff access the O365 sites in school and at home
Slide 8 - Office 365….
- I use the Technology/Computing Site on O365 to enable our students to access files for our lessons.
Slide 9 - Office 365….
Slide 10 - Microsoft Office Specialist Training…..
- Independent student training
Slide 11 - OneNote….
Slide 12 - OneNote….
- At Sandymoor all staff members collaborate together using a School Staff Notebook in OneNote
Slide 13 - Blog……
- Thank you for taking the time to view my Office Mix…
- My experiences so far with the MIE expert have been amazing.
- I am just an ordinary person doing extraordinary things in education at Sandymoor School.
- The Sandymoor approach to education is unique in so many ways.
- Through my involvement with the MIEE this year I have discovered and enriched myself with so many new resources and tools. From OneNote to Office Mix, then there’s Sway and Lynx/Skype, and of course there is my fantastic Surface Pro3 device (I wouldn’t be without it now!).
- I am yet to use Sway and Office Mix to their full potential, but I can already tell they are going to be a very useful tool in my teaching.
- I have used O365 in so many ways to help our students learn and collaborate with each other and myself.
- OneNote has been a great resource for delivering my lessons and giving our students opportunity to take control of their own learning, all contained in one place.