My 270 method
Created 2 years ago
Fostering creativity and peer teaching in math
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - 270° methodLets' do more than a flip
- Lidija Kralj, Croatia
Slide 4 - Mathematics opportunity
- In teaching mathematics I give students opportunity to create educational content instead of paper exam.
- Students have some control over
- what they learn
- how to show what they have learned.
Slide 5 - Meaningful and independent
- Encouraging them to be independent and responsible for the results of their work.
- Real example how computers, Internet and mobile devices can be used to
- create content and
- develop their organizational and presentation skills.
Slide 6 - How
- Clear instructions what kind of works they have to create
- Necessary components
- Additional resources
- Evaluation criteria
Slide 7 - How
- Recommend one or more programs
- for easier comparison of results
- Consultation during the development
- Advices for improvement of content and
Slide 8 - Parts of students’ works
- video they recorded themselves, explaining some task or concept
- quiz they created with questions related to the topic of their work
Slide 9 - Parts of students’ works
- examples and tasks that are not copied from textbook
- images they create in math software, as GeoGebra
- additional content from other authors.
Slide 10 - Interactivity is necessary
- Every work
- have to be presented
- in class
- presenters have to involve whole class
Slide 11 - Important aspect
- students' works are published online so other students can learn from these educational resources.
- Students are teaching students :)
Slide 12 - Results
- Happier students
- Students with difficulties have better results
- Creativity in content creation
- Visibility of students works
Slide 13 - Results
- Balancing testing
- Shift from consumers to creators
- Our own digital library
- Peer teaching - more than a flip, rotation for 270°
Slide 14 - Proud
- Students ask me to use this method more often
- and to teach other teachers to do the same.
- Well, that made me proud of their and my work.
Slide 15 - Examples
- Examples of students works in English:
- In Croatian
Slide 16 - And some works from previous years (in Croatian)
- 2012./13. Textbook Percentages Postoci
- 2013./14. Digital lessons
- Systems of equations Sustavi
- Linear function Linearna funkcija
- Geometry Geometrijska tijela
- Lidija Kralj, Croatia