Weight Watcher's Presentation PE Lindsy Logue Spring 2015
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Presented By: Nikki Manship
Slide 2 - In the early '60s, Weight Watchers founder Jean Nidetch began inviting friends into her Queens, NY, home once a week to talk about how best to lose weight.
- How Weight Watchers Started
- Today, that group of friends has grown to millions of women and men around the world who’ve joined Weight Watchers to lose weight and lead healthier lives.
Slide 3 - Based on 4 Components
- 1. Food Plan, based on a Balanced Diet and Healthy Eating
- 2. Activity Plan, designed to Promote Progressive Physical Activity Increase
- 3. Group Support
- 4. Skills to Change Behavior
Slide 4 - 4
- How does the Weight Watchers Diet work?
- You can eat whatever you want – provided you stick to your daily PointsPlus target: your daily PointsPlus target is a number based on your gender, weight, height and age.
- Weight Watchers also pushes specially-designated Power Foods, or the best choices among similar foods.
- The company offers hundreds of recipes, each with a PointsPlus value, to show how it fits into your eating plan.
- Weight Watchers isn’t only about what you eat; support is also a big component.
- In late 2014, the company launched two new options for support that aim to mimic the effectiveness of in-person meetings: 24/7 chat and virtual coach.
Slide 5 - Portions of foods are assigned points. If a food is high in fiber and/or low in fat it is worth fewer points. The higher the fiber content, or the lower the fat content, the more of that food you can eat each day.
- A simple way to calculate points is (Calories + (Fat x 4) - (Fiber x 10)) / 50
- Typical Points Based on Body Weight
- Weight 150 lbs - points 18 to 23
- Weight 150 to 174 lbs - points 20 to 25
- Weight 175 to 199 lbs - points 22 to 27
- Weight 200 to 224 lbs - points 24 to 29
- Weight 225 to 249 lbs - points 26 to 31
- Weight 250 to 274 lbs - points 28 to 33
- Weight 275 to 299 lbs - points 29 to 34
- Weight 300 to 324 lbs - points 30 to 35
- Weight 325 to 349 lbs - points 31 to 36
- Weight >350 lbs - points 32 to 37
- Scientific Basis is the Weight Watchers Points System
- 24/7 Expert Chat 100% Online!
- One-on-one guidance and motivation from your own personal Coach
- Get Support in a Social Setting with a Trained Leader!
Slide 7 - The PointsPlus® System
- PointsPlus® makes it simple to know what to eat (and how much) and gives you plenty of wiggle room so you can still enjoy the foods you love, guilt-free.
- The Simply Filling Technique
- What can you eat on the Simply Filling Technique? Plenty of delicious, satisfying foods. The entire list is right here.
Slide 8 - Weight Watchers Mobile Phone Apps
Slide 9 - Cardio Trainеr App
- The Cardio Trainеr App allows yоu to track many activities that include running, cycling, hiking, and mоrе.
- Weight Watchers Mobile Phone Apps
Slide 10 - Benefits of Weight Watchers
- Weight Watchers participants were found to lose about twice as much weight as those on standard weight loss care over a 12-month period.
- Early intervention for weight management in overweight and obese people that can be delivered at large scale.
- Significantly reduced fasting glucose and insulin.
- Constant positive reinforcement.
- Social support reduces stress.
- Dieters can either join a Weight Watchers program online or in person.
Slide 11 - Vitamin Deficiency
- Lifetime members who do drift from their weight target range have to pay weekly for meetings, and then recover their Lifetime membership by going through the process all over again.
- Dangers and Risks of Weight Watchers
Slide 12 - 12
Slide 13 - Join for FREE with purchase of select plans by 3/14/15
- Location Offerings are based on Your Location
- Pick your level of support
- 24/7 Support
- Chat with coaching team anytime
- $19.95 base rate per month*
- Meetings (incl. OnlinePlus)
- Meetings + 24/7 Support
- Support in a social setting meeting location required
- Personal Coaching (incl. OnlinePlus)
- 1:1 Coaching + 24/7 Support
- Personalized support from your own coach
- $54.95 base rate per month*
- *Plus applicable Starter fees and taxes. Plans automatically renew at the end of the applicable plan period, and you will be charged monthly thereafter until you cancel.
- THE BENEFITS OF ONLINEPLUS
- Chat Support New! 24/7 Expert Chat
- PointsPlus® system
- Mobile Tools Digital tools & mobile apps
- Meal Ideas and Recipes
- Synch Fitness devices
- Video Learning
Slide 14 - Help with Login
- Welcome to your membership
- How can I follow the Weight Watchers Program?
- Can I follow Weight Watchers if I'm on medication or breastfeeding?
- What about diabetes?
- Can children join Weight Watchers?
- Plan and Payment
- Are insurance discounts accepted to join Weight Watchers?
- Weight Watchers FAQs
- Can I cancel my subscription?
- Subscription Process
- Technical Support
- Login Help
- Weight Watchers Mobile
- Monthly Pass
- Products and Services
- Lifetime Membership
- Or contact us by phone: 800-651-6000
Slide 15 - Works Cited
- Nordqvist, Christian. "What is Weight Watchers? What are the benefits of Weight Watchers?." Medical News Today. 17 September 2014.. <http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/149454.php>
- Aufiero, Barbara. "The Dangers of Weight Watchers." Livestrong.com. Demand Media, Inc. 8 Mar. 2011. <http://www.livestrong.com/article/337442-the-dangers-of-weight-watchers/>
- Weight Watchers. Welcome Weight Watchers Site Map. n.d. 27 February 2015. <https://welcome.weightwatchers.com/sitemap/>.
- Weight Watchers. Welcome Weight Watchers FAQs. n.d. 27 February 2015. < https://welcome.weightwatchers.com/faq/#/>
- Haupt, Angela. Best Diets Weight Watchers Diet Overview. US. News Today. 05 January 2015. <http://health.usnews.com/best-diet/weight-watchers-diet>.