Created 3 years ago
BLiC Final Portfolio for Sarah White
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - BLiC Portfolio
- Blended Learning for Technology Professional Development
- Sarah Monnier-White
Slide 2 - My Blended Environment
- Blended technology training for teachers
- Cover basics such as logging in prior to face to face trainings
- Participants have resources to work at their own pace
- Resources available for review and reference as needed
Slide 3 - My Blended Environment - SharePoint
Slide 4 - My Blended Environment - SharePoint
Slide 5 - My Blended Environment - LYNC
Slide 6 - Tips for the Blended teacher
- Research and choose your online presence carefully – then stick with it!
- Start with a few small changes and add more blended components as you become more comfortable with it
- Take successful projects and assignments and add a blended component
Slide 7 - Advice for the blended student
- Set aside a time to work on online portions of your class
- Read directions carefully
- Show up to online meetings and help sessions
- Take advantage of teacher’s virtual office hours or face to face meetings to get your questions answered
Slide 8 - Feedback
- Staff finds the resources available helpful.
- Teachers and other school staff have responded positively to Time Out for Tech – they like the quick tips and hints.
- New teachers like having the resources available for when they need help.
Slide 9 - How my teaching has changed
- Finding ways to reach more staff.
- Developing a library of reference materials.
- More comfortable using online video / audio chat
- More thought into development of PD and changing it up
Slide 10 - Tutorial Videos
- For teacher PD and for teachers to use in their classroom for student tech training
- Time Out For Tech (TO4T)
- Brief Tech PD using Lync
- SharePoint Sites for Tech resources
- Can be used for activities pre- and post- face to face training
- In Development - long term PD tech “academy” for SCECHS.
Slide 11 - Happy Blending!