Email this Mix
Slide 1 - What is Augmented Reality?
- By Amy Goodger
Slide 2 - What is Augmented Reality?
- AR which is the abbreviation of Augmented Reality is a Reality is a type of virtual reality that aims to duplicate the world's environment in a computer.
- The first AR apps came to smartphones in 2008.
- Boeing, BMW, and Volkswagen already use AR on their assembly lines.
- The military uses augmented reality to assist men and women making repairs in the field.
- It is expected that by 2016 the revenue for AR technology will be 600 billion dollars.
- It is predicted that by 2018 there will be 200 million mobile AR users.
- The very first Augmented Reality app was invented in 1990.
- Augmented Reality was invented by Professor Tom Caudell.
Slide 3 - Augmented Reality Apps
- Wikitude World Browser (Android/iOS/Blackberry/Windows Phone)
- Yelp Monocle (Android/iOS/Kindle)
- Google Ingress (Android)
- ARBasketball (iOS)
- Real Strike (iOS)
- Temple Treasure Hunt (Android)
- Paint Ball (Android/iOS)
- Toyota 86 AR
- AR Invaders
Slide 4 - Augmented Reality used in Business
Slide 5 - Augmented Reality used in Education
Slide 6 - AR Spot
- Green card = zoom in and out
- Poker card = pixilated
- Blue = colour change
Slide 7 - Multiple Answer Question Quiz
Slide 8 - True or False Question Quiz
Slide 9 - Poll