2014-15 Stafford Closure Meeting
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Stakeholder Closure Meeting
Slide 2 - Tech Focused Pilots
- 1:1 Tablets in 4th Grade
- Typing Club + MobyMax – school wide
- Game based lesson planning
- Flipped Learning
Slide 3 - 1:1 Tablets – 4th Grade
- Benefits across the board
- Improved Typing Skills
- Higher engagement
- Easy Access to Information
- Increased Collaboration
Slide 4 - Stafford – 1:1 Tablets in 4th Grade
- The Standards for Keyboarding
- 4th Grade - W.4.6. Demonstrate sufficient command of keyboarding skills to type a minimum of one page in a single sitting.
- 5th Grade - W.5.6. Demonstrate sufficient command of keyboarding skills to type a minimum of two pages in a single sitting.
- *250 words per typed page
- 4th graders met standard W.4.6. within 1 month of receiving the tables
- Stafford 4th Grade Students are participating in a 1:1 tablet pilot project. They received their tablets in January 2015.
Slide 5 - Student survey responses
Slide 6 - What did the parents and families notice?
Slide 7 - Parent Survey Responses
Slide 8 - Game Based Learning
- MinecraftEDU in the Classroom
- Student engagement 100%
- Student learning increased 20%
- Teacher usage was measured at 100% when teachers were provided with pre-made lessons.
Slide 9 - Impact of Innovative Projects
- Guided tour of Ms. Twohy’s Classroom
Slide 10 - What’s Next?
- Access to Innovation Facilitators
- Expand 1:1 tablet project to 5
- Continued PD
- Expand game based projects
Slide 11 - Project Feedback
Slide 12 - Project Feedback
Slide 13 - Project Feedback
Slide 14 - Project Feedback
Slide 15 - Project Feedback
Slide 16 - Project Feedback
Slide 17 - Project Feedback
Slide 18 - Project Feedback
Slide 19 - Project Feedback
Slide 20 - Project Feedback
Slide 21 - Thank you!
- Thank you Cyndi and Kristi for your amazing support throughout these projects.
- Thank you to all of the incredible teachers at Stafford for being willing to try something new, evaluate and change their practices, as well as spending 5-20+ hours of time on additional Professional Development in the area of technology.
- Thank you students for being willing to shape your learning and try new things.