Office Mix Introduction to Basics
Created 2 years ago
Learn the basics to transform your PowerPoint into interactive presentations.
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - PowerPoints Transformed into Interactive Online Lessons or Presentations
Slide 2 - Our learning goal:
- Learning Goal: Participants will learn how to use
- Office Mix to create engaging
- on line presentations that support professional development and student learning.
Slide 3 - What can Office Mix do?
- Free add-in makes a presentation engaging with:
- Screen recording
Slide 4 - How can I use Office Mix?
- Flip your classroom! Deliver information before class to free up valuable face to face time
- Share presentations with absent students
- Differentiate training for specific groups/individuals
- Share information with other interested groups/individuals
- Monitor progress through analytics (participants need to sign in to gather data by name – but it’s not necessary)
Slide 5 - Do you have Office Mix installed?
- Not sure if you have Office Mix on your device?
- Open a PPT to confirm that you have the MIX tab in the ribbon.
- Not there? Submit a techrequest.ocps.net through Internet Explorer.
Slide 6 - 1. The Office Mix ribbon will appear.
- Key options include:
- Slide Recording
- Add a quizzes, videos, apps
- Screen shot and Screen Recording
- Upload to Office Mix
- MIX buttons
Slide 7 - Prepare to Record
- Open a PPT and select “Slide Recording”
- Select audio/video input
- Choose volume level
- Check pen size & ink color
- Select “Record”
Slide 8 - Record Your Mix
- Select “Record”
- Advance slides
- “Stop” at any time to preview/delete slide recording
- Preview slide recording (delete if not satisfied and record again)
- Exit by selecting “Close”
Slide 9 - Insert YouTube Video:
- From your PPT ribbon:
- Select “Insert” tab
- In Media, select “Video”
- From the drop down: “Online Video”
Slide 10 - Insert YouTube Video:
- Select “YouTube” and paste the URL in the textbox
- Select the thumbnail of the desired video
- Select “Insert”
Slide 11 - Ink Your Mix
- While recording you can ink the slide
- Select pen size and color
- Scale and place inking after you close the recording window
Slide 12 - Insert a Quiz
- Create a blank slide
- Select “MIX” tab
- Select “Quizzes Videos Apps” (Go STORE)
- Select the Quiz or Apps
- Read Terms & Conditions and select “Trust It”
Slide 13 - Insert a Quiz
- Edit Quiz options
- Allow Single Choice
- Allow Multiple Choices
- Shuffle Answers
- Limit Attempts
- Complete Answer Options, Prompts, Feedback, Correct Response
Slide 14 - Choose your response and choose “submit”.
Slide 15 - Upload to Mix
- Select “Upload to Mix”
- You will be asked to sign in.
- Use your OCPS Google Account.
- Check “Enable playback on mobile devices” (Uploading may take a few minutes.)
- Once the process is complete, choose “Show me my Mix”
Slide 16 - Share Your MIX
- Once your MIX is published, decide how you want to share.
- Most of your MIXES will be “Public”
- Link with URL
- Embed Code for webpages
Slide 17 - My Mixes
- Your Mixes are stored through the cloud
- From here you can
- Download the presentation
- Download a video
Slide 18 - Search the Gallery
- Want a MIX that is ready to go?
- Search the Gallery
Slide 19 - Learn More
- Tutorials are frequently updated
- New features are in development
- The Feedback & Support departments are responsive