Hometown Education Foundation 2004-2014
By tonghai Yang
Created 3 years ago
A little support makes a big difference to the poor kids in China ---help them continue their basic education. ---inspire them to do better. ---inspire them to be more caring. 100 percent of your donation goes to the needy students. ---we support 888 poor students in China in 2014 alone.
Email this Mix
- Tonghai Yang
- Professor of Mathematics
- Hometown Education Foundation
- Real Impact I: Xu Shuangyue2004-2012
- Mother mentally disabled.
- Walked 2 miles each way to school no money to buy lunch sometime.
- Started to work full time during summers in high school---rare in China
- With teachers
- Kitchen broken
Slide 3 - Real Impact I: Xu Shuangyue2004-2012
- Without support, she would NOT have attended or graduated from high school.
Slide 4 - Real Impact II: Yan Limin 2004-2011
- Father died of cancer .
- Mother has migraines.
- Just graduated with MS degree
- Started to sponsor a poor kid!
Slide 5 - Real Impact IV---Two other cases
- Deaf father and aged grandma
- Father two surgeries , mom disable
Slide 6 - Inspiration I: Cheng Weiyong2005-2012
- Once supported by us
- Now volunteer to help poor kids
- ONCE SUPPORTED, NOW GIVING BACK
Slide 7 - ONCE SUPPORTED, NOW GIVING BACKCheng weiyong
- Teaching poor kids for weeks
- Sponsoring a disabled kid
Slide 8 - College students…
- Aid HEF in sorting letters over winter break
- Visit younger impoverished children to check background and encourage them
- Share their (college) experiences with students and provide advice
- Come back to sponsor poor students
- Inspiration II: College students
Slide 9 - College Students giving back And sharing their experience
- Visited by a college student
- Share experience
- Sorting letters
Slide 10 - Volunteer Coordinators
- Summer 2013, volunteers meet to discuss how to improve our services
Slide 11 - Student Application FOrm
Slide 12 - How HEF grows
- Your Support
- Hard, Honest, Careful Work
- of Donations Goes to Students
- Expand gradually, carefully
Slide 13 - Hard Work AND INSPIRATION
- Volunteer in rain
- Has to walk to school
- Walk to student’s home
- Sponsor visits students
- Needy student
- Wet pants, visiting student
Slide 14 - Donation
- Via our website, Paypal, check, or cash
- Shop Online at our website!
- Spread words to friends
- Sponsorship: develop a personal connection
- Elem: $60-80
- Middle: $80-100
- High: $150-200
- How can you help us grow
- Online Shopping
- Spread the Word
Slide 15 - How we are different
- Our Difference
- 100% of Donation Goes to Students
- Personal Care + Financial Support
- Encourage Forward-Motion, Not Dependence
- Continuous, Established
- Positive Influence
- Personal Connection – Letters, Pictures, Transcript
Slide 16 - To students
- To local people.
- To volunteers
- UW-Madison students
- To your family
- You will be an inspiration and positive influence…
Slide 17 - Dream of a BirthDay CAke
- She has never had a cake for birthday.
Slide 18 - Thank You (谢谢)!
- Any comments, questions, or concerns?