Robodogs Robotic Camp Day 2
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Robodogs Robotic Camp Day 2
Slide 2 - Outline for Day 2
- 00:00 - 00:20 Expectations for day, attendance, recap of learning
- 00:20 - 00:25 Challenge #2 Overview
- 00-25 - 00:40 Lesson on Color Sensors and Turning
- 00:40 - 00:50 Brainstorm Ideas
- 00:50 - 02:20 Challenge Build, Test, Prototype
- 02:20 - 02:45 Let the Races Begin!
- 02:45 - 03:00 Clean Up
Slide 3 - Goals For The Day
- Students will work collaboratively to problem solve solutions to daily challenges with a positive attitude
- Students will learn to build a robot from scratch or with guidance to achieve desired outcome
- Students will learn to program the robot to follow a line for various challenges
- Student will demonstrate their ability to explain their ideas and solutions
- Students will use the Color Mode on the EV3 Sensor to follow a line(we used this mode yesterday!)
- Students willl use programming on the robot to follow a line until a sensor is activated.
- Students will use programming on the robot to follow a line for a particular distance
- Students will learn how to sensors, loops, and switches to create a program
Slide 4 - Issues From Yesterday
- Color sensor had issues
- Build Design
- Really looking at issues at hand
- Asking for help
- Be prepared to not be given the answer
Slide 5 - Team Selection
Slide 6 - Challenge #2
- The challenge is to build a robot that can follow a black line using a color sensor(s).
- Be ready to adapt code for various challenges around line following.
Slide 12 - Resources for Body Design
- Riley Rover EV3
- The Harvester
- Dr. Graeme build
Slide 13 - Challenge
- 1. Build robot to simply follow a line.
- 2. Build a robot that stops after 20 seconds
- 3. Build a robot that stops using touch sensor
- 4. Build a robot that follows line the fastest
- 5. Build a robot that stops using ultrasonic
- Be ready for final challenge…………….