Email this Mix
Slide 1 - The Atmosphere
- A Presentation about our wonderful atmosphere, one of the 4 main systems of our ever-changing earth
Slide 2 - Lets see what we are going to learn
- The Layers of the Atmosphere
Slide 3 - Troposphere
- The troposphere is the layer of the atmosphere that we live inside. It is also the thinnest layer in the atmosphere, only 6-20 km thick. Its average temperature is 0-18 degrees Celsius. It contains 80% of the atmosphere’s mass and 99% of its gasses.
Slide 4 - Stratosphere
- The Stratosphere is the layer of the atmosphere above the one that we live inside. It is also the third thinnest layer in the atmosphere losing to the mesosphere which is thinner. The Stratosphere measures 42-53 km thick. Its average temperature however increases as you go higher!
Slide 5 - Mesosphere
- The Mesosphere is the second to last layer on our list. It is quite thin ranging from 29 to 47 km. And it is very cold almost -150 degrees Celsius. There Mesosphere is where Google’s Project Loon’s internet balloons float to deliver free internet.
Slide 6 - Thermosphere - Ionosphere
- The Thermosphere, more specifically the Ionosphere is the first layer of the last layer of our atmosphere. It is 500km thick, the thickest layer in our atmosphere. It is cold in the lower ionosphere, but hotter than the mesosphere when you get higher.
Slide 7 - Thermosphere - Exosphere
- The Thermosphere, more specifically the Exosphere is the very last layer of our atmosphere. It starts at 600 km and reaches to the undefined edge of space.
Slide 8 - THE QUIZ – The BWAHAHAHAHAHHAOSPHERE