O365 session 4 mix- dynamic study
Created 3 years ago
In this mix we will learn about dynamic terms, symbols, and their meanings.
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - A “Dynamic” Study
Slide 3 - What are dynamics?
- Dynamics are words or symbols in notated music that tell the performer the volume and which they should play or sing.
- Dynamic signs are written in Italian.
Slide 4 - The softs (quiet)
- Very soft
Slide 5 - …The softs continued
Slide 6 - …The softs continued
- Mezzo Piano
- “Mezzo” means medium, or moderate
- Medium Soft
Slide 7 - The louds
- Mezzo forte
- Medium loud
Slide 8 - …The louds continued
Slide 9 - …The louds continued
- Very Loud
Slide 10 - Some special signs
- Crescendo- sometimes abbreviated “cresc.” in music
- Means to gradually get louder
- Decrescendo/Diminuendo- sometimes abbreviated “dim.” in music
- Means to gradually get softer
- Means to start loud, immediately get quiet, then crescendo
Slide 11 - Quiz
Slide 12 - Quiz
Slide 13 - Quiz