Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Circuit Diagrams
- Note: This MIX does not include voice lecture. Please read through and complete the practice problems.
Slide 2 - Purpose
- Circuit diagrams let us represent a circuit on paper by using symbols for all the parts.
- Circuit diagrams show electrical connections, NOT the physical layout of a circuit.
- We call the parts of a circuit “elements”. Bulbs, batteries and switches are all elements.
Slide 3 - Batteries
- Long Line = Positive Terminal
- Battery holders are not shown on diagrams
Slide 4 - Bulbs
- Bulb holders are not shown on diagrams
Slide 5 - Switches
Slide 6 - Electrical Connections
- A straight line does not represent wires in circuit diagrams.
- A straight line represents a connection between two elements.
- These two diagrams represent the same circuit.
Slide 7 - Circuit Drawing
- Circuit Diagram
- Circuit drawings show the physical layout of a circuit.
- Circuit diagrams show the electrical connections of a circuit.
- A single circuit diagram can be drawn many ways
Slide 8 - A. In which of the following circuits will the bulb light?B. Draw a circuit diagram for the four arrangements of a battery, bulb, and wires. C. Which of these circuits have identical diagrams?
Slide 9 - Draw a circuit diagram for each circuit. Draw it as simply as possible.