Relative_Age with video
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - Relative Age
Slide 2 - Relative Age
- Places events in a sequence but does not identify their actual date of occurrence.
Slide 3 - Absolute Time
- Identifies the actual date of an event.
Slide 4 - Video
Slide 5 - Law of Superposition
- In a sequence of undisturbed sedimentary rocks, the oldest rocks will be at the bottom of the sequence and the youngest will be at the top.
Slide 7 - Law of cross-cutting Relationships
- An igneous rock is younger than the rocks it has intruded upon.
Slide 8 - Younger
Slide 10 - Law of included fragments
- Pieces of one rock found in another rock must be older than the rock in which they are found
Slide 11 - Older
- Rock is
Slide 12 - Unconformity
- A place in the rock record where the layers of rock are missing
- Due to erosion
Slide 13 - Unconformity
Slide 15 - The End