Email this Mix
- Moshe and the Burning Bush
Slide 2 - Is Hashem “inside” the bush?
- Look at (ד) .
- God is located “מִתּוֹךְ הַסְּנֶה” –
- from within the bush – not
- physically there, but present
- at the scene.
Slide 3 - God is always with us.
- Remember: The image of the
- “burning bush” symbolized
- that even though the Jews were
- burned by the slavery,
- they were not completely
- They were down, but not out!
- So this means that God was always nearby the Jews, just like He was
- nearby the burning bush – the Jews were never alone, even during their terrible slavery
Slide 4 - Questions for Reflection – Write down your answers on lined paper.
- Based on this episode, what
- headline would you give to
- Moshe at the burning bush?
- At your seat:
- Write a headline for this
- part of the story. What would
- capture the scene over here?
- Next, write a short reflection to the following
- If you were Moshe, what would you have done if you saw
- the burning bush?