A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano
Email this Mix
Slide 1 - A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano
Slide 2 - Background
- The Photographer is unknown
- It was taken in 1994 in Chechnya
- At this time Russian troops were sent to Chechnya to restore order (First Chechen war)
- A lot is unknown about this picture
- The picture is called “A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano”
Slide 3 - Techniques
- Main focus on the piano and soldier
- Obviously is a war zone
- Soldier “showing feelings”, not a just a weapon
Slide 4 - Setting
- Looks like a tank or other piece of military equipment
- Very barren landscape, war-torn?
- Rifle on the soldiers back.
Slide 5 - Camera Techniques
- Long shot
- Eye level shot
- Main focus is on the soldier and the piano
Slide 6 - Bibliography
- Wikipedia n.d., ‘First Chechen War’, wiki article, 29 April 2015, accessed 30 April 2015, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Chechen_War>.
- Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano 2014, El Informante, accessed 30 April 2015, <https://teamjedan.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/russian-soldier-playing-an-abandoned-piano/>.